We used Interlux 2 part epoxy primer on these tanks. Since we are not doing yacht painting but merely coating the tanks for protection we use this without a top coat – it is a nice white and looks like finish paint after rolling with a West System foam roller.
We put the motor for the davit back together yesterday but determined that the paint was still a bit tender to do a lot of handling yet so we will be installing back on the boat today. No sense in taking chances on a nicely painted part.
The varnish guys got a lot of prep done yesterday and are going to take advantage of the warmer weather today and tomorrow to put on some coats.
Angus is pretty gung-ho and when he found some old yellowing cracks in trim he took them out to the carpentry shop and repaired properly – I like that.
We put the floor scrubber batteries in the GB42 yesterday. These boys are heavy.