Boat Repairs and MaintenanceThe Dickerson Harbor Boatyard marine service department operates out of our Trappe, MD yard. The large buildings allow us to take on large boat repairs and projects no matter the time of year or weather. Our service department can tackle any kind of retrofit or rebuild with a staff consisting of marine mechanics, yacht carpenters, electricians, fiberglass technicians and detailers. We can do a complete re-fit your current yacht or, a pre-owned yacht that you are considering for purchase. We can add the features and amenities you are looking for to make the boat your dream. Customizing a yacht to your specifications is usually a fraction of the cost and time of building or purchasing a new one. Our service department has vast experience working with Grand Banks yachts but make no mistake, we are very knowledgeable about all yachts and regularly service Hinckley Yachts, Pearson, Fleming, Legacy to mention a few. From raw water pumps to head systems, we have done it all. Give us a call with your particular problem and we can help. If your boat is here for indoor winter storage there is no better time to have those large installations completed during the winter to avoid losing time during the boating season! See our tips section for details of projects you may wish to consider. Fill out our Yacht Service Estimate Request form to get an estimate for service work.
Long time Grand Banks storage and repair facility Dickerson Harbor announces the following for 2015:
Roll reducing replacement Fuel tanks,complete package of tanks with easy to install instructions and consulting.
LED upgrade kit for engine room light fixtures.
Holding tank upgrade kits in PVC
Stainless Steel safety rail and hand rail packages,
Some Of Our Boat Repair CapabilitiesOur specialty is designing and engineering system refits and installations for maximum usability and increased resale value. Contact us with your yacht refitting requirements.
- Boat Refinishing and Detailing Awlgrip, Sterling, Imron painting – boat hulls, decks, masts, etc. Varnish stripping and coating. Fiberglass repair, gelcoat repair and matching. Fiberglass and gelcoat maintenance.
- Boat Handling Equipment Dinghy Davits, winch, windlass, hydraulics, trim tabs, bow thrusters, stern thrusters — repair and installation
- Plumbing and Sanitation Marine Heads, repaired, replaced. Holding tanks replaced Complete sanitation systems installation and service. Specializing in Vacuflush head systems.
- Fuel Tank, Water Tank, Holding Tank – inspections, consultation and replacement
- Electrical Boat Electrical systems repaired and installed. Generator and inverter installation. Electronic installations
- Mechanical Marine engines serviced, repaired, replaced. Couplings, shafts, rudders, stuffing boxes, line cutters, Norscott shaft seals. We also do fuel system upgrading
- Teak Deck Repairs Re-seaming deck seams, reviving, replacing, removing
- Carpentry Teak Wood Repair, Custom teak yacht furniture, teak swim platform repairs.
- Boat Bottoms – paint removal, barrier coating, standard bottom painting
- Boat Insurance Repairs We can work with your boat insurance company to ensure your repair is done to your satisfaction.
- Specializing in Trawlers, Downeast, Express Cruisers and servicing boats of all makes.