Accommodations and Features
The classic Grand Banks tri-cabin trawler has been redesigned from the keel up, starting with a modified deep-V hull designed in collaboration with the acclaimed naval architecture firm Sparkman-Stephens. A usable speed range of 7 to 20 knots is now available. Outstanding performance at any speed means that you can expand your cruising horizons or get home quickly & safely in the face of a storm. Of course you can travel efficiently all day at a more peaceful pace.
En Suite Guest Head with Shower — The VIP stateroom features its own en-suite head with Silestone countertops, VacuFlush toilet and a full, enclosable showe
Gourmet Galley — Features granite countertops, teak-paneled refrigerator and freezer, oversized stainless sink, vented exhaust fan and top-quality appliances. Cleverly designed storage abounds in and around the galley.
Command Helm — There's great visibility forward and aft all Heritage models thanks to a raised helm platform. The helmseat provides plenty of comfort for extended cruising.
Deck and Exterior
The signature wide, teak planked side and fore decks allow safe passage from bow to stern and provide wide working or lounging areas. Boarding is accomplished either from the stern's teak swim platform onto the aft deck or through boarding gates to port or starboard. A center console Novurania RIB with 25hp Yamaha resides on the aft cabin roof, it is easily launched using the cleverly integrated electric crane.
The large flybridge features a centerline helm station, standard Stidd helm seat, pop- up instrument panel, handmade teak table, large L-settee with additional seating to port, built-in wet bar and unlimited sunset views
- New SS Anchor and 250' 5/16" SS HT Chain
- New Canvas
- Shaft Shark Line Cutters
- Switlick Hard Case Life Raft w/SS Mounting Bracket
- Custom Stainless cover bracket for Davit
- Newly customized mast, Awlgrip finished
- New Canvas for F/B, New bimini, bridge cover, seat covers, winch cover, settee cover
- SS Rails
- Frameless windows
- Expanded Lazarette
Entry to the salon is through a starboard side helm door or the much appreciated aft door. Changes is built in the galley down main salon configuration. While the galley is reached by walking forward and descending two wide stairs, it is very much a part of the main salon because the overhead is completely open. Highlights of the galley include separate (and large) refrigerator and freezer, electric cook-top, stainless steel sink, expansive work all toped by scuro granite, and extensive storage including a unique under-stair pantry.
The lower helm station is to starboard, full instrumentation and controls face the Stidd "wide" helm chair. Moving aft there is an L-shaped settee to starboard which faces the "pop-up" flat screen television cabinet to port. A barrel chair nestles in the corner formed by the television cabinet and a storage cabinet. A Grand Banks built hi-low/foldout table is located within the L settee area. Large windows on all sides make the main salon especially bright, airy, and inviting. Of course the entire salon (and staterooms) features a teak & holly sole and teak paneling, all finished in a lovely satin varnish.
- Galley freezer - Coolmatic RPF115
- Galley refrigerator - Coolmatic RSD115
- Princess Seaward electric cooktop
- Sharp Convection Microwave oven
- Electrolux Range Hood
The aft master stateroom is probably the defining feature of the 47 Classic. This is a completely private area that stretches the full 15' 9' beam resulting in an extremely spacious and livable suite. A centerline berth with drawer storage underneath and built in side tables greets you as you descend the entry stairs. Storage and desk areas to port and starboard, a full height hanging closet to port and large head to starboard complete the picture. Very well lit and ventilated, the master stateroom will remind many of home.
The forward guest stateroom would serve as the master stateroom on most vessels of this length! Centerline berth, lots of storage, ensuite head, opening ports/hatches.
The 2nd head is accessible via a door in the forward guest stateroom or via a door just forward of the galley allowing your overnight guest complete privacy while providing a useful area for your daytime guests.
The Flybridge is accessed via stairs located next to the aft salon door, this allows access to the flybridge from below without being exposed to the weather. The flybridge has optional teak decking providing a sure footing as well as the beauty of teak. An L-shaped settee with fold-out teak table is to starboard. Facing the settee is a built in bench seat alongside a fiberglass cabinet containing a H/C freshwater sink and icemaker. A deluxe Stidd chair faces the centerline helm station offering a commanding view of the vessel and her controls. The upper helm station is completely outfitted with engine gauges, bowthruster joystick, Raymarine electronics, stereo system etc. A navy blue Sunbrella bimini top covers the bridge and there are custom made Sunbrella covers for everything but the floor.
- Furuno 22 Touch Screen Plotters/Radar - Upper and lower helms
- Furuno Radar Antennna
- Furuno GPS
- Satellite Weather
- Ray Marine Hailer
- 4ft Whip VHF Antenna
- Sirius XM Radio
- Smart Pilot S3G w/Built in Gyro C/W Course Computer, Rudder
- Feedback and Fluxgate Compass
- KVH TV System
- Bose Stereo
- Sony Bravia TV
- Insignia 19" LED TV
- Westinghouse 24" LED TV
- Ritchie Powerdamp Compasses (2)
- Onan e-QD 11.5 kW 220 Volt Generator
- Trace Invertor 2500W with dedicated 8D battery
- AGM batteries in fiberglass boxes - (2) 8D engine start, (2) 4D house, (1) 2D genset
- Battery charger 80A
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- Engine room lights - AC & DC
- Water heater - 20 USG
- 50 AMP shorepower inlets fore & aft
- Promariner Protech 4 Battery Charger
- Additional 12V plugs
- Caterpillar C-9 ACERT diesels - 503hp w/1000 hours
- Morse Control System electronic controls
- Racor dual fuel filters for each engine
- Onan 11.5Kw generator with sound shield
- Racor fuel filter for generator
- Automatic/manual fire suppression system in engine room
- Aluminum fuel tanks
- Bronze rudders
- Groco bronze thru-hulls & strainers
- Steelhead 800# Davit Crane w/SS standpipe tube/davit base
- Side Power bow thruster - joystick controls at both helms
- Marine Air reverse cycle air conditioning/heat
- Glendinning Synchronizers
- Glendinning 50amp Cablemaster Automatic Shore Power Cord System
- Delta-T Engine Room Vents
- Novurania 335DL RIB - 11' 2" Deluxe Model
- Center console
- Bench & bow seating
- Bilge pump
- Yamaha 25hp 4-stroke outboard with trim/tilt
This season the boat was totally serviced. Props were checked for pitch and balance and alignment. Boat will be in heated storage shed soon for inspection at any time.