All boats have predicted repairs that need to be made and it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Since we have been dealing with Grand Banks so long, we know which things are going to fail at some point. Also, we can determine which items are likely to fail on survey when your Grand Banks is for sale.
The lazarette hatches on Grand Banks are subject to water penetration. We see it all the time. We have developed ways to draw the moisture out and reseal but we recommend building new hatches.
We see damaged swim platforms on Grand Banks a lot. We can repair minor damage but recommend replacement for major damage. Our replacements are much better made and sturdier than OEM.
All painted aluminum will eventually corrode. Masts and booms are especially prone since they have holes bored for electronics and brackets that allow water to penetrate. We paint lots of masts every year.
Grand Banks Deck Repairs and Removal
Teak decks are nice when they look good and function like they are intended but like all other parts of your boat they require maintenance and once they have gone too far will need to be removed. See Teak Deck Repairs or Removal in our Service Log.
Other Expected Grand Banks Repairs
- Window Frame Painting
- Exhaust Hose Replacement
- Cutlass Bearing Replacement
- Soundown Coupling Maintenance
- Engine Mount Replacement
- Teak Deck Repairs or Removal
- Keel Repairs
- Fuel Tank Cleaning and Inspections
- Fuel Tank Repair or Replacement
- Waste Hose Replacement
- Headliner Replacement
- Fiberglass and Gelcoat Repairs
- Door and window Rot Repair
- Groco Strainer Rebuilding
- Routine Engine Maintenance
- Wiper Motor Repair or Replacement
- Lazarette Bulkhead Tabbing Repair
Suggested Grand Banks upgrades
- Convert teak handrails to stainless steel
- Install adequate engine room lighting
- Install Vacuflush Head system
- Remove old teak decks and paint with Awlgrip
- Install Floscan Fuel Monitor System
- Swim Platform Replacement
- Fuel hoses upgraded
- Bow Thruster Installation
- Oil Change Pump System
- Salt or Fresh Water Wash down System
- Air Seps
Custom Grand Banks Enhancements
- Engine Room Makeover
- Flybridge Hardtop
- Boom Dinghy Hoist
- Grand Banks Swim Platform Davits
- Boarding Access Widened
- Grand Banks Teak Sun Deck
The above repairs and enhancements can be performed on any boat. Call us with your particulars at 410-822-8556 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can’t get your boat to us, you can still take advantage of our expertise. See our consultation section.